Monday, April 17, 2017

Vertical Succulent Garden Frame

* This post is sponsored by The Home Depot.

Today is the day we celebrate with a virtual party!  Ten diy bloggers sharing their custom versions of the vertical succulent garden Do-It-Herself Workshop project.  I opted to make my planter into a vertical succulent garden frame: 

diy vertical succulent garden frame

The DIH workshop at The Home Depot is happening this Thursday, April 20th at 6:30pm, click here to register at your local store.  Learn to make a vertical succulent garden with just a few simple steps.

DIH workshop at The Home Depot vertical succulent garden

The Home Depot offers Workshops at all of their locations for do-it-yourselfers of all ages and experience levels.  There are three types of Workshops offered – Do-It-Yourself (DIY), Do-It-Herself (DIH) and Kids.


Customers can learn how to build d├ęcor projects, how to make easy home repairs and how to operate tools through demonstrations and step-by-step instructions.

Visit http://workshops.homedepot.com to learn more.

I thought it would be more useful to add a chalkboard to my vertical succulent garden frame:


vertical succulent garden chalkboard frame

But I do like it without the chalkboard too.  Something about that negative space gives me a little breathing room.

vertical succulent garden frame

Either way you can learn to make the Vertical Succulent Garden project at the DIH Workshop at your local Home Depot store and then customize however you like - chalkboard or no chalkboard. 

register button DIH Workshops at The Home Depot

And if you have previously attended a workshop and would like to supply feedback please complete this survey here.  Genuine customer experiences and response provides direction and aids in making the workshops experience successful.

vertical succulent garden frame with chalkboard

Be sure to visit all my blogger friends who created custom versions of the vertical succulent garden:

Jen @ House of Wood
Brooke @ All Things Thrifty
Sandra @ The Rustic Life
Amy @ Her Toolbelt
Jenn @ Build Basic
Karianne @ Thistlewood Farms
Timisha @ Toolbox Divas
Kelli & Kristi @ Lolly Jane
Debbie @ Refresh Restyle

To make my vertical succulent garden frame simply create two boxes, one smaller to fit inside the other:

how to make a vertical succulent garden frame

I kept a 3 1/2" space between the boxes, enough room for the stapler to fit when attaching the chicken wire.

how to make a vertical succulent garden

Attach the poly and fill it up with soil then attach the back.

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen the actual process during my Instagram story.  Here I am filling the frame with succulents:

adding succulents to a vertical garden

Add the screw eyes and rope then hang and enjoy!

diy vertical succulent garden

Then change your mind and add a chalkboard painted piece of plywood for a different look.

diy vertical succulent garden frame with chalkboard

Thank you for visiting, I hope you enjoyed this project and please leave comments and share.

* I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in this Workshops Program.  As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot.  All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words.  My post complies with the WOMMA Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment